Quick Started Guide
CrystalMQ is a hosted MQTT Broker service which uses Bevywise MQTTRoute as a message broker. We will handle every bit of set up, deployment & running of MQTT Broker in the dedicated cloud. This let you focus only on building & developing your application and not on the sticky server management.
CrystalMQ provides MQTT Broker on a dedicated server which is true-blue to you without sharing your instances with other tenants.
A Quick started guide to easily get started with our hosted MQTT Broker service.
- Sign up for a new account by providing the necessary details in the form given.
[Note : Make sure you provide the right details as we will send a confirmation email to verify your account.]
- Your Name, Email Id, Phone and Password fields are mandatory and all other fields are optional.
- Set up strong and easy-to-remember password and make sure you keep it safe for further login to your crystalMQ account. Then pass the CAPTCHA test by entering the correct code in the space given.
- Check if all the fields are filled perfectly and click the sign up button.
If the fields are filled right, you will be directed to the login page.
- Enter your email id which you have used to sign up and the password you have set before.
- Now click login.
You will be directed to a page asking you to verify your account.
- Check for the confirmation email in the mail box for your registered account.
- Ensure you click the confirmation link in the mail we have sent.
- Once done you will be directed to the “Thanks for Signing up” page.
In case you didn’t receive any confirmation mail click “resend confirmation mail”. Once your account is verified, you will be directed to the “Thanks for Signing up” page.
Use your Email ID and Password to login to your account.
- In case you forgot your password, click forgot password.
- Provide your registered email id and pass the captcha test. Now click the submit button.
- Once done, you will receive a link to reset your password in your email.
Click the link, set your new password and confirm it again. Now go to the login page and start login with the newly created password.
Choosing the plan
Once your account is verified, you will be directed to the pricing page. Now you can get start by choosing your desired plan. Before you choose your plan, have a look at the FAQs listed below. We would have covered most of the answers to your queries regarding the pricing. In case you need a detailed explanation about pricing or any other details and guide to select the plan, contact support.
Choose the right plan that depends on your use case. We have five different plans with varied features.
The dedicated instance is supported in all the five plans. If your specifications do not cover in the listed plans, you can contact us for the customized plan and we will send you the quote specific to your application & features you need.
- Now choose your desired plan by tapping the ‘Select’ button. You will be directed to the checkout page.
- Checkout page asks for your Personal Information & Card details.
- Your name, email & phone will be entered by default with the details provided by you while signing up. Provide your address in the respective field.
- Verify that your Cart details are correct based on your chosen plan.
- Now enter your card details & click checkout.
[Note : Your card details should be correct and we will be verifying your account. If your details are found to be incorrect, your account will not be further proceeded.]
You will receive a mail from us about your account upgradation with your chosen plan. Once you checkout, you will be directed to the processing page. This means that we are setting up a server for you. This will take up to 2 minutes.
After setting up the server, you will be intimated with the success message along with the URL for the created instance and the password. You will also receive an email with the instance URL and Web login username & password.
Your server set up is successfully completed and you can now move to the Dashboard with the instance URL & get started with your application.
Navigate to the Dashboard page by tapping the ‘dashboard’ button. Dashboard provides details about the server in which MQTT Broker is deployed, port at which the MQTT Broker is running, websocket details and the URL to access web UI.
You can check the payment details & invoices for each month here. You will be able to download invoices as needed.
MQTT Broker Dashboard
Now you can proceed by accessing the Web UI URL provided to you (check the dashboard page for the Web UI URL. Enter the username and password provided via Email. If your credentials are correct, you will be directed to MQTT Dashboard.
The MQTT Dashboard provides the complete status of devices (Active devices, Total devices, Events, Commands, Recent connects, Disconnects & more) connected to the MQTT Broker.
Bevywise MQTT Broker supports custom dashboard which enables you to create multiple dashboard with pre-configured widgets.
Dashboard creation steps
- Click ‘+‘ icon which is present at the top left corner & click “Dashboard”.
- ‘Create Dashboard’ tab will appear asking name & description.
- Fill out the details & click ‘create’ button.
- A new dashboard will appear with no details.
- Now click ‘+‘ icon which is present at the top left corner & click “Widgets”.
- Create widget tab will appear asking to select widget type.
- Choose the widget type you want to create from the drop-down menu.
- Right now, MQTT Broker supports 9 pre-built widgets. Text, Color, Line, Bar, Gauge, Vertical Gauge, Horizontal Gauge, Led Light & Switch.
To give an example, here is how to create a Line widget Line chart is most often used to view trends.
- Select “Line Chart” from the widgets listed.
- Then provide a Title for the widget you are yet to create.
- Now select Device for which you want to visualize the data from the devices listed ( devices which are connected already) in the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the device, the corresponding topic will be listed in the “topics” tab. In case you have multiple topics for the selected device, you can choose one from the list.
- Then select key. Your device may publish data in JSON with multiple keys. Select one from the list.
- Enter “Subtitle”, unit” in the respective space provided & select “colour” to display.
- If you need to add more key click the “Add” button and repeat the previous step.
- Once you complete, click the “Create” button to view the widget.
Your widget will be displayed in the Created Dashboard. You can create multiple widgets in the same dashboard and also create multiple dashboards.
To know more on other widgets & detailed view on dashboard visit MQTT Broker Help.
Bevywise MQTT Broker supports a condition based rules engine to customize the broker to send a different messages to the different clients based on the messages received by the broker.
The rules can be defined based on the following conditions :-
Client & Topic – Rule data contains Client name & topic
Topic & Message – Rule data contains Topic & Message
Client & Topic & Message – Rule data contains Client name, topic & message
Timer Rule – Send a message to the topic based on the given date and time
For detailed look on rules creation, visit MQTT Broker Help. Refer MQTT Broker Help Documentation for the step by step guide on MQTT Broker usage.
You will be able to close your account from the Dashboard itself. It takes less than a minute. Go to the settings tab and click ‘close your account’. We will begin deleting your data 3 days after the account termination mail sent.